How do I reload the line on my T25, T35 or T45 trimmer head?
Husqvarna’s T25, T35, T45 “Tap Advance” Trimmer Heads for straight shaft trimmers and T25C for curve shaft trimmers are exclusively designed by Husqvarna, these professional tap advance trimmer heads features an easy to reload spool that comes off with the cap, eliminating the need to turn the trimmer upside down to reload the line. The spool has a split design which reduces tangling and line welding, and has arrows to show the correct directional winding of the line to eliminate guesswork. The spool has two key slots to lock the trimmer line in and keep it from unwrapping while putting the cap back on the trimmer head.
To install trimmer line on the T-25, T-35, and T-45 tap advance heads:
- Start with piece of line cut to approximately 28 feet, next fold the line in half, and hook the bend of the line into the notch that is located on the center divider of the spool.
- Wind the line until there is approximately 6 inches of line is remaining and take the ends of the line and lock them into the retaining hole.
- Reinstall spool into the outer cover, pulling the lines out of the retaining holes and into the silver eyelets and reattach the cover (with the spool inside) back onto the base, ensuring the two tabs insert fully into the cover.
To install trimmer line on most other trimmers:
- Start with a piece of line cut to approximately 28 feet, next remove the knob and spool. Clean the housing and spool and inspect the housing and spool for damage and wear, Replace any components that have excessive wear, these items can be serviced or supplied by your local Service Retail location.
- Replace the line by threading it through the eyelet in the spool until the line ends are of equal length.
- Wind the line counterclockwise, being careful to wind evenly and tight around the drum until there is approximately 6 inches of line remaining, it is important to insure that the line is wound tightly and evenly around the drum otherwise the machine will generate a harmful vibration.
- Hook the line into the slots in spool housing.
- Reinstall the knob and spool in the housing while threading the line through the eyelets. Pull the line to anchor the spool.
For more information contact your local Husvarna Total Source dealer. Your local dealer features a professional service department to efficently handle any needs for parts or maintenance.